Test Preparation and Tutorials
- Overview of Courses
- Ontario Apprenticeship Trade Exams
- Refresher Courses for Adults
- Refresher Mathematics
Test success is more than having a good understanding of the subject area, but on knowing how to approach different types of questions and knowing how to use time wisely. And most importantly of having a plan when you write a test.
Legacy 5 Consultants Test Preparation Tutorials have been developed to familiarize individuals with the formats and directions used in many tests, and to teach test taking strategies for a variety of test situations. Resources and materials used are designed to ensure that the learner will take their test under optimal conditions - that they will be able to focus on what they know rather than being overwhelmed by a testing situation with which they are unfamiliar, and most importantly to maximize their scores.
General Objectives of Legacy 5’s Test Preparation Tutorials
Following completion of the course, the student will be able to:
- Demonstrate an increased level of confidence in his/ her ability to write their tests.
- Improve their test taking strategies.
- Become more knowledgeable of their academic strengths and weaknesses.
- Choose the next step toward upgrading his/her education with confidence and increased certainty.
Specific Objectives of Legacy 5’s Test Preparation Tutorials
- To increase awareness of Test- Taking Strategies. Our programs focus on four important test principles: Time use, error avoidance, reasoning, and guesstimating.
- To increase awareness of Directions. It is important that students understand the directions for taking the tests; therefore, one of the key objectives of the programs is to familiarize students with directions. Doing so builds self-confidence and permits students to utilize their time more effectively.
- To increase the knowledge and skills that the tests will cover. Test apprehension and poor test performance often results from a lack of information about the knowledge and skills that will be assessed.
- To increase awareness of Format. As individuals become more familiar with test formats they can effectively spend more time applying what they have learned.
- To understand how their test will be administered. Students are sometimes uncomfortable anticipating what will happen on the day of the tests. Becoming familiar with the procedures, directions, and the process of test taking helps to reduce anxiety and uncertainty, and increases the chances of greater success.
We offer a customized Apprenticeship Study Package for individuals who have not been successful in achieving the required 70 % passing rate for their trade examinations.
The Apprenticeship Study Package includes:
- A detailed assessment of the individual’s most recent Apprenticeship Examination results.
- An assessment of his/ her study strategies.
- Recommended study strategies for his/ her learning style.
- A customized study plan that ranks an individual’s strengths and his/ her need to know knowledge and skills. Also included is a schedule of when to study, what to study, and how to study.
- Test Taking Tips for writing “multiple choice questions”.
- Sleep Strategies for improving test scores.
- Other materials depending upon the individual’s needs.
- A portfolio folder.
The cost for this service is $ 125.00 (plus GST) plus a mileage fee for areas outside of the community where the Legacy 5 Consultant resides in. Consultation is for one and one-half hours on site and preparation time beforehand.
I have had great success in dealing with Jim Barlow and Legacy 5. The study plans and one-on-one tutorials enabled my employees to successfully complete their 310T certification. Thanks again. We couldn't have done it without your organization.
For information on offerings listed below please contact us.
- GED Mathematics Test
- GED Language Arts Writing Test
- GED Language Arts Reading Test
- GED Social Studies Test
- GED Science Test
- Refresher Writing for Adults
- Writing - tutorial
- Mathematics high school examinations (grades 9 to 12)
- English high school examinations (grades 9 to12)
Delivery and Location
These courses are offered in class settings or as tutorials. They are offered in a variety of settings: company premises, an individual’s home, or in classrooms. Course schedule and sites are tailored to meet individual, company and organizational needs.
Fees for Tutoring - $40.00 per hour (Note: Travel costs for out of Cambridge/Kitchener/Waterloo may apply.)
For more information, please contact us.
Want to refresh your mathematics fundamentals for that upcoming GED Mathematics or Apprenticeship Examination?
This is your chance to make a big impression on your supervisor. "George, how much did your department increase its sales over last year? You recite the figures proudly: 400,000 units last year, 550,000 this year. "Fine", she says. “But what was the percentage increase?" Gulp. How do you calculate percentage? Multiply? Divide? "Uh, I’ll call you back", you say, and sit hopelessly at your desk, wishing you had paid more attention to Ms. Skelly in ninth grade. Bewildered by numbers?
Join us for this 3 evening session for the low price of $99.00 (plus HST) - see dates for next session below.
- Upcoming Mathematics Refresher Courses
|Cambridge View location in Google Maps|
Our Math Refresher is a three evening programme. The dates are: May 8, 15, and 22. The class is from 6:30 pm to 9 PM. Textbook is included.
- Working with Decimals
- Order of Operations
- Geometry and Measurement
- The use of a Scientific Calculator